返学费网 > 培训机构 > 重庆安迪英语

23-63066615

全国统一学习专线 8:30-21:00

  课本上学不到的native口语--安迪英语教你怎么提高英语口语

  01 I beat you to it.

  ►beat somebody to it:

  比某人抢先一步做了某事。

  ▷I was just about to open some wine but I see you've beaten me to it.

  我刚想开瓶酒呢,看来你抢在我前头开了啊。

  02 Jimmy stood me up last night.

  ►stand someone up:

  放某人鸽子。爽约。

  ▷He stood up his date while he played basketball with the guys.

  他因为和基友们打篮球,放了女朋友的鸽子。

  03 All I want to do is zone out in front of the TV.

  ►zone out:

  指让思想放空,对周遭事物浑然不觉。Zone是区域的意思,zone out相当于思想游离到另一个地方去了……

  ▷At the end of a long, stressful day, all I want to do is go home and zone out in front of the television.

  经过漫长的压力山大的一天,我现在只想回家坐在电视机前发呆。

  ►in the zone:

  相反的,in the zone就是指精力集中,精神状态极佳,尤指运动员、表演者的表现。

  ▷I love when I'm running on a nice day with my headphones on and I just get in the zone. I feel like I can keep running forever.

  我喜欢天气好的时候戴上耳机去跑步,感觉精神状态特别好,好像能永远跑下去。

  04 Without further ado, I would like to...

  ►without further ado [ə'du:]:

  闲话少说;进入正题。Ado意思是忙乱、纷扰、麻烦……

  ▷And so, without further ado, let me introduce you to tonight's speaker.

  所以,闲话少说,下面就有请今晚的演讲嘉宾。

  05 I'm sure we haven't seen the last of him.

  ►haven't seen the last of (something):

  某事物消失了,但你觉得它还会卷土重来,就可以用这个表达。

  ▷We got rid of the ants in the kitchen, but I bet we haven't seen the last of them.

  我们把厨房里的蚂蚁都弄走了,不过我打赌它们还会出现的。

  这是一个比较戏剧化的说法,所以常在电视里听到。比如反派被打败了,也许会有这样的台词:

  ▷You win this time, but you haven't seen the last of me!

  这次算你赢!但别以为我就会这么消失!灭哈哈哈……

  06 It will come to me.

  ►it will come to someone:

  会想起来的。忘了什么事的时候,可以说这句话。

  ▷It'll come to you. The minute you stop trying to find it, it will find you.

  你会想起来的。你不去费劲去找它的时候,它就会自动出现。

  07 We went out of our way to please the visitor.

  ►go out of one's way:

  努力、费尽麻烦做某事。

  ▷I went out of my way to make sure they were comfortable.

  我费尽心力确保他们能住得舒服。

  ▷We appreciate anything you can do, but don't go out of your way.

  你做的一切我们都很感激,但千万别太麻烦自己。

  08 Hold on. Just hear me out first.

  ►hear someone out:

  听某人说完他想说的,或者,倾听某一方的说法。

  ▷Let him talk! Hear him out! Listen to his side!

  让他说!听他说完!看看他怎么说!

  ▷Hear out the witness. Don't jump to conclusions.

  我们要所有证人的证词都听一遍,不要武断下结论。

  09 So do we have an agreement?

  ►do we have an agreement:

  通常在商定一件事后说的话。对方同意了,就表示讨论的事情就这么定下了。

  也可以说:

  ▷Do we have a deal?

  那就这么定了?

  ▷Do we have an understanding?

  我们都很明确对方的想法对吧?

  10 Just a heads up.

  ►a heads up:

  给某人提个醒,提前告知一声。“Heads up”说法来自体育运动,在扔球前,让对方抬头,别被砸着。后来广泛用于社交场合。

  ▷Just a heads up - we're going to have to meet soon.

  先跟你说一声,我们很快会见面的。

  ▷I wanted to give you a heads up that I'll be sending you the revised form for your approval.

  我想提前告诉你一下,我一会儿把修改好的表格发给你审核。

  11 When's it due?

  ►due:

  通常指交作业、交账单的最后期限。

  ▷When is this paper due?

  论文要什么时候交?

  另外,如果due的对象是人,那么意思多半指预产期。

  ▷When are you due?

  你啥时候生?

  12 Well, what's done is done!

  ►what's done is done:|

  无法改变的事情,只能将就了。文绉绉一点就是,覆水难收、木已成舟。

  ▷It's too late to change it now. What's done is done.

  现在换已经来不及啦,认了吧。

  13 Can you put me up for a few days?

  ►put someone up:

  给某人提供临时住宿。

  ▷When my in-laws were here we put them up at the Four Seasons.

  老婆家的亲戚来的时候,我们安排他们住四季酒店了。

  课本上学不到的native口语--安迪英语教你怎么提高英语口语

  14 I might take you up on that.

  ►take someone up on something:

  接受某人的邀请,或接受某人提出的建议。

  ▷I took him up on his offer to take me out to dinner.

  他邀我约会吃饭,我答应了。

  也可以用这个表达来接受某人的打赌挑战。

  ▷He bet me twenty bucks that I couldn't get a perfect score, and I took him up on it.

  他赌20块我考不好,我决定跟他赌一把。

  15 I'm keeping my options open.

  ►keep one's options open:

  等待中,尚未做决定。Option是选择、选项。

  ▷I want to keep my options open, so I didn't sign the contract yet.

  我想再等等看,所以还没签合同。

  16 You might want to reconsider it.

  ►you might want to (do something):

  建议某人做某事的礼貌说法。适用于各种场合,是对陌生人、同事或亲密的人都可以用的句法。

  ▷Babe, you might want to trim that beard...

  亲爱的,你是不是该修修胡子啦……

  ▷You might want to spend more time studying and less time playing video games.

  你应该多花些时间在学习上,少玩些游戏。

  ►类似地,告诫对方不要做某事,可以说,you don't want to...

  ▷You don't want to rush things.

  不要操之过急。

  17 We've just been catching up with each other.

  ►catch up with (someone):

  朋友之间彼此了解近况。

  ▷It was so lovely catching up with you.

  能和你聊聊近况真开心。

  18 There is just no such thing as God.

  ►There is just no such thing as... :

  某种情况是不存在的。

  ▷There's no such thing as love. It's just fantasy.

  根本没有“爱情”这回事。不过是你的幻想而已。

  19 I think you need to get your priorities straight.

  ►get one's priorities straight:

  分清主次。Priority [prai'ɔrəti],指优先考虑的事情。

  ▷Our top priority right now is making sure that everyone is OK.

  我们目前的当务之急是确保每个人都无恙。

  ▷Amazing how fire exposes our priorities.

  大火能暴露我们最在意的东西,真神奇。

  20 To put it another way, I don't like it.

  ►to put it another way:

  换言之。Put,有表达的意思。

  ▷You're still very young, Tom. To put it another way, you don't have any idea about what you're getting into.

  汤姆,你还太年轻。换句话说,你不知道自己现在正陷入什么。

  ▷Well, that's one way to put it.

  好吧,也可以这么说。

  ▷The subject matter makes the painting a little, how shall I put it, undesirable for public display.

  这幅画的主题有点……该怎么说呢,不大适合展览出来。

  21 I get yelled at all the time.

  ►get yelled at:

  字面意思就是被人吼,被人骂。指受到批评、责骂。

  ▷I got yelled at for not calling.

  我没打电话,被骂了。

  ▷Do you get yelled at a lot in the military?

  在部队里会经常被训斥吗?

  22 I will check on Jeff while he's not feeling well.

  ►check (up/in) on something/someone:

  查看某人某事的情况,比如监督下属的工作状况、关心病人的病情、留意小孩是否安全等……

  ▷Go upstairs to check up on the children and make sure they're all asleep.

  上楼去看看孩子们睡了没。

  ▷I just thought I'd check in on you and see how you're doing.

  我就是想来看看你好些了没。

  23 It happens. Don't worry about it.

  ►it happens:

  糟糕的事情发生时,用来安慰人的说法。相当于说,倒霉的事时常发生,别太在意。粗俗一点,还可以说,shit happens。

  ▷A: My girlfriend just broke up with me.

  我女票跟我掰了……

  B: It happens.

  节哀顺变。

  ▷John stepped in a big pile of dog shit, so Tom said "it happens".

  约翰踩到狗屎了,汤姆说,踩踩更健康。

  24 It's on me.

  ►it's on me:

  我来付账。也可以说,This one's on me.

  ▷John: Check, please.

  你好,结账。

  Bill: No, it's on me this time.

  别啊,这顿我请。

  ►商家免费送的商品或服务,可以说on the house.

  ▷I was the ten thousandth customer, so my dinner was on the house.

  我是第一万个客户,所以那顿晚餐就免费了。

  ▷Here, have a cup of coffee on the house.

  免费送您一杯咖啡,请慢用。

  25 My computer is acting up again.

  ►act up

  (疾病)发作;(机器)出毛病;(孩子)调皮捣蛋。

  ▷My left knee acts up in damp weather.

  天气一潮我左膝盖就发作。

  ▷The children have been acting up all evening.

  整个晚上孩子们都在调皮捣蛋。

  26 Is that a thing?

  ►(something) is a thing:

  很流行很出名,或者人人熟知的某事物,可以叫“a thing”。这是年轻人常用的口语说法,正式场合慎用。

  ▷A: His ideas are so out-of-the-box. They're boxless!

  他脑洞实在太大了,想法好新奇,完全是boxless!

  注:out-of-the-box:形容不同寻常的创意想法。

  B: "Boxless?" Is that a thing?

  Boxless?现在人们都这么说了么?

  A: No, I just made it up.

  呃,没,我刚瞎编的。

  ▷Huge, baggy suits were kind of a thing back in those days.

  那时候特别流行那种宽宽大大的西装。

  27 It doesn't hurt to ask.

  ►it doesn't hurt to:

  做某件事有百利而无一害。

  ▷It doesn't hurt to have a group of talented, educated people living in your community.

  小区里住着一群有才、有教养的人没什么不好的。

  28 I'm just looking.

  ►just looking...

  表示随便看看,是购物时遇到推销的导购,最好的回答。

  ▷-Hi, can I help you?

  你好,需要帮忙吗?

  -No thanks, I'm just looking!

  不用了,谢谢,我就随便看看。

  文章转自重庆安迪英语官方网站

温馨提示:为不影响您的学业,来校区前请先电话咨询,方便我校安排相关的专业老师为您解答
  • 详情请进入重庆安迪英语
  • 已关注:200
  • 咨询电话:
  • 热门课程
  • 作者最新文章
  • 在线报名
申请试听课程

只要一个电话
我们免费为您回电

姓名不能为空
手机号格式错误